Monday, July 14, 2014

Logo nights

Since last week, I've set some goals to spend a little bit on something to practice my creativity each day. This month of July 2014, it is to finally finish this logo for my client Teancum Industries. This company is a start-up with large international clients. They are in the private security sector so I have been aiming to create something really clean, bold, and professional.

Over the past week, I've been working on this logo in the early hours of the morning, Little B sleeping and waking only occasionally, which has given a lot of design time to myself to sit and indulge.

There is something special about being in the process of designing something that you know will eventually work, And when you get there there is this 'right' feeling, like finding true love. And so I had this feeling this week with my logo process. You know when to stop developing something when you love to look at it.

So here it is. I have aimed to create a punchy, simple and bold identity to this company. One that says, professionalism, skill, experience and readiness. Teancum is an ancient American warrior who slew his enemy with a javelin straight through the heart. I have referenced  an ancient javelin head from the time in the negative space of the 'A'. The typeface I've used is 'Pirulen' and have adjusted the kerning a little to give some breathing room. I felt that this logo didn't need logotype or mark of any kind as this typeface ties its power from being centre stage.

Any thoughts and suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment